Monday, December 14, 2009

Things I've Learned...

Right so it's been a while since I've done one of these and I've got a few moments to kill before my only final, so since it was on my mind, here ya go:

- when you're a girl and you don't shave your legs for like a month because you've been sick and super, super, super, super, super, super, super busy and just so not feeling the whole shower drama of "gawd I need to shave my legs again.. sighs" .... and then you finally do (mostly because you're about to go on vacation and "have to just in case!!") .... it's rather similar to chopping down whole acres of the rain forest - you see exotic birds and cats and things go fleeing for their lives. Seriously.

- spontaneous trips to Las Vegas are expensive... but fun.

- having a full course load of nothing but courses that require essay type assignments? Bad Idea.

- being an over-achiever? Good Idea!! Example: scoring 137% in some classes equates to not having to take the final at all and still having an A for a grade. Cha-ching!! :P

- what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... so long as no one around had a camera and functioning batteries.

- self-preservation kicks all sorts of senses into high gear, it even improves memory so that one remembers to steal the SD card from any camera's that may have been present when things might have happened that weren't supposed to be recorded! Amazing!

- denying all knowledge of things that occur in other states is only convincing and believed if the state isn't Nevada apparently.

- Elvis is alive and well at the little chapel of love... and one of the shops in Caesar's Palace apparently.

- my cats love my brother way more than me, as evidenced by the fact that they behaved like absolute angels while I was gone. WTF is that about?!

- when you have enough silver hairs, people will tell you that you barely look twenty-five if they really want to sell you something. This generally works really well, apparently, unless you have a tendency to scoff and blurt things like "as if, fuck off psycho" to anyone you don't already know who approaches you with too wide a smile in crowded places.

- inexpensive rings are often the nicest. *looks angelic*

- Jeff Dunham is so hysterically funny live it makes your face hurt for a week after seeing the show...

- pink is actually kinda purtyful sometimes, but pink and sparkly is way better...

- dragons are awesome - not something I just learned, but it bears repeating from time to time. *grins*

And yanno, I think I'm gonna leave it at that before I somehow get myself into trouble - hey, peanut gallery!, try not to spill any beans today eh? *winks*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, so I thought why not leave you a comment. I have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

Mostly, just a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

Thank you….

NB said...

Wasn't Vegas fun? :D

Tempestuous said...

*looks innocent* I can neither confirm nor deny whether or not Vegas was or wasn't fun because I have no knowledge of having been to this "Vegas" place...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! *dives back into last minute finishing touches on research project that's late, hehe* :P

Post a Comment